The Art Museum in Moscow, founded in 1856 by merchant Pavel Tretyakov and has one of the largest collections of Russian fine art in the world.
Today the Tretyakov Gallery includes (2) two main sites - a complex in Lavrushinsky Lane and a building on Krymsky Val, as well as (5) five museum houses located in different parts of Moscow. In 2025 the museum will present its visitors with (7) seven world-class museums, where they will be able to get acquainted with Russian art.
The Tretyakov Gallery has the richest collection of ancient Russian painting of the 11th-17th centuries, created mainly in Soviet times, including the Trinity of Andrei Rublev, works by Dionysius, Simon Ushakov.
The Gallery intends to use the virtual space as a new means of promoting Russian art, expanding access to its collection and information about it, creating new educational programs, providing opportunities for dialogue in its virtual venues.
By 1917 the Tretyakov Gallery collection numbered about 4,000 works, by 1975 - 55,000 works. The collection of the Gallery was constantly growing due to systematic state purchases.
At present, the collection includes Russian painting, graphics, sculptures, individual works of decorative and applied art of the 11th - early 21st centuries.